How parents can help their student(s) during Modified Green Phase
- Download the Remind app. Log into Remind app to access information from the district and your student’s classroom teachers.
- The odd day (Group A or Group B) that students are not face-to-face with us does not mean they have an “off” day. It’s just held in a different manner. Please treat this day as you would if they were attending. Establish bedtimes, morning routines, encourage your student to work through their school schedule for a “normal” school day, yet in a virtual setting.
- Review with your student items posted in Teams by their teacher, speak with your student about information shared during their in person day, and participate in ongoing communication with your students teachers.
- Provide a quiet place for student learning and support for their child’s engagement.
- Encourage outdoor activities, daily exercise and play without electronics.
- Email the School Nurse Teacher if your child becomes ill and or the school counselor if your child if your child has a problem accessing virtual instruction.
- If your student forgot something you may bring it to the office and place the item in the vestibule. You may text your child to tell them the item is there. We will ensure the item gets to your child.
- Log into the parent portal via Sapphire to ensure you have access to student information, grades, etc. If you do not here is a link to information https://core-docs.s3.amazonaws.com/documents/asset/uploaded_file/877994/Sapphire_Directions.pdf
To help support your student here is an Office 365 Guidance for parents and guardians:
Article for Parents regarding the use of Office 365 and Teams with their Students https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/distance-learning-with-office-365-guidance-for-parents-and-guardians-89d514f9-bf5e-4374-a731-a75d38ddd588